BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 28, 2010





When Kenny Peavy came to speak about the Kingdom of God in my DTS, my idea of living for God underwent major changes. Without a doubt, it was the most transformational week for me in lecture phase. In this DTS, I’ve been telling the students up til this point, “Just wait until the week about the Kingdom, it’s going to be crazy!” Once again, I underestimated how powerfully God would work.


Kenny is amazing. Great worship leader, very authentic and humble, incredible story of what kind of life he had before he knew God- but beyond all of this, GOD moved mightily this week.


Something we discussed throughout the week: We have a DAILY choice between defending our reputation among men, or developing our relationship with Father, Son and Spirit. A daily choice. Which do I choose? I think I often try and accomplish both…putting time and energy into keeping a solid reputation while simultaneously living for Christ. How is this even possible? No wonder I feel so exhausted sometimes. I’m striving for a lifestyle that’s impossible. Paul talks about this throughout so many of his letters; the CHOICE we have to please God or please men. Often times when we seek to please God, we will end up pleasing men as well…but our desire should be to please God.


An exercise we did in class: Draw two columns on a sheet of paper. On the left side, write down accusations/lies you’ve been told or believed. (ex: I’m alone, I don’t have the ability to make a big impact, others are more important) And on the right side, write down the truth that contradicts those lies. There are scriptures supporting each of those truths. It’s a simple exercise but SO important…I’ve done it several times and I keep these papers in my bible to read on occasion.


In the scriptures, God tells us that we can all have the gift of prophecy. Kenny takes this seriously. He prophesied over many this week, and a lot of the students experienced a new level of faith. It was awesome. Some students came away from this week with a clear idea of what their calling is…that’s HUGE.


This Thursday, we took the entire DTS plus Kenny to the beach and did baptisms! About 12 people were baptized in the ocean. Here are a couple pics:




I forgot to mention- last week we did a children’s ministry at a local church in our neighborhood. We walked around the streets inviting people right before it started, and then gathered everyone outside of the church building. We performed a few dramas and taught a couple children’s songs, and we all had a ton of fun. Here are a couple pics:




Let the transformation continue...March, here we come!

0 comments: