BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 31, 2008

This week started out a little differently from the past weeks. I had weekend work duty, which means I helped out with meals and cleaning on Saturday and Sunday. Well, on Sunday morning, as we were preparing breakfast, I had a small accident- I tripped down a broken stair in the kitchen and rolled my left foot. Here is what it looked like later that day:

It’s much better, even a few days later, and I’m using crutches to get around. The worst part is that to get to class, we have about a 7 minute walk on broken, uneven, and often slimy sidewalks, so the crutches actually feel more risky than walking on my sprained foot. But sometimes my leader comes to pick me up in his van, and sometimes I get a piggy back ride, so it’s not so bad.

Other things going on here right now: We had a team of 27 arrive from San Diego on Monday morning, and it’s been nice to meet them. We also had two girls leave this morning who have been with us since the beginning of DTS, and so we had a goodbye/dance party for them last night. (Don’t worry, I just watched. But I was sooo tempted to join in and show them how to REALLY do the Robot.) I’ll try and post a dance video on here soon; we break out into dances quite often, and let me tell you: they are super interesting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OWWWW!!! You poor thing...